Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

Virgin
So today is the day I visit the Virgin Blue offices for the first time- and hopefully not the last- as I attend one of the several round for a graduate position in 2010. I've been doin my reading; and I feel like I know the company inside out and as best I can. From Richard Branson's Biography, Losing My Virginity, to company history and recent news reports. And the more I read the more I am ready to work there.

It amazes me, originally in Britain, how threatening an entrepaneur can be to grounded, international companies such as British Airways. The unethical business tactics they applied to try an eliminate the Virgin Atlantic brand were foul. (If you haven't already get your hands on a copy of that book, not only is it an interesting read but it highlights the courage and passion required to make it as an entrepaneur business person).

However, now as a solid and diverse portfolio of brands from Virgin Music and Virgin Mobile to V Australia, they are now more threatening than ever. And while this graduate position would be a huge drawcard into getting a foot into what is now a Virgin empire, what I most admire is their internal culture. Sure their staff put in lots of hours, hard work but when the time comes they come together (usually in a quirky way - such as Virgin Blues usual outrageous Christmas Parties or even a glamourous ball in an airport hanger) and celebrate their achievements.

Wish me luck!!

(0) Comments

Post a Comment